Gingivitis is classified as a serious disease of the oral cavity and only professional dental care providers should be allowed to treat this. However, with the use of baking soda as part of your oral regimen, you can help protect yourself from gingivitis and treat the condition as well. Here are some of the steps to follow in order to use baking soda as a cure for gingivitis.
You will have to have the following things in order to do this property.
If you have these materials, you are now ready to brush your teeth together with baking soda.
The first step is to mix two to three teaspoons of baking soda into a cup of water as you prepare yourself for brushing your teeth.
After this, you must add two to three teaspoons of hot water into the cup, the hotter the temperature the better. However, you should be careful not to be scalded by the water.
Add three percent of hydrogen peroxide into the mixture. Stir until it becomes paste like.
After the mixture is done, you can now use this to clean the deposits of your gums away. You can apply the mixture using your bare fingers or using a dental floss to reach the gaps in between the mouth that is hard to reach by the toothbrush alone.
Use the solution as a toothpaste and brush as you normally would. Concentrate on the gums because this is where the tartar deposits usually are. You must be able to attend to this part of your mouth if you want to prevent gingivitis from infecting your oral health any further.
Use a saline solution mixed with warm water to rinse your mouth. Let it stay in your mouth for about thirty seconds before spitting it out for it to be able to race the oral cavity very well.
Do these processes regularly at least three times a day in order to disinfect your mouth. The baking soda will do this for you and it will act as protection against infection and unwanted bacteria in your mouth. You may increase the regularity of the activity depending on the condition of your gums after doing the procedure for a certain period.
Using baking soda and other home remedies to your gingivitis is just the preventive measure that you can do to help ease the condition of your teeth and gums. It will also help to have a professional opinion about your dental conditions so that you would know how to go about the problem and find a way to solve it immediately.
As mentioned earlier, gingivitis is a serious condition and requires professional opinion and diagnosis. The use of baking soda is just a preventive measure to keep the disease from worsening and affecting other parts of your mouth and body as well.
Fight Gingivitis with Improved Oral Hygiene
Oral hygiene seems so simple to do and yet it is very difficult for some people to maintain. Nevertheless, you should definitely make it a point to have a regular teeth cleaning session because your oral hygiene is equally as important as keeping your body and shape for example. Oral hygiene consists of basic things. Here are some of the tips that you can follow to maintain oral hygiene and battle gingivitis in the process.
1. The first step you should do is to brush your teeth on a daily basis. The duration of brushing is advisable to be three times a day or more depending on how late genie you are in terms of your dental health. Regular brushing will prevent bacteria from embedding itself onto your gums and therefore preventing gingivitis from developing further.
2. Flossing is also an important part of your dental hygiene. This is important because flossing will be able to reach those hard to reach areas of your mouth especially the sides of your teeth. Flossing will be able to clean out excess food particles that made have been trapped in between your teeth.
3. In terms of your diet, eating a piece of raw vegetable a day can help clean out the excess food particles inside your mouth. This is because of the enzymes that plants produce. These enzymes help cleanse the body and rid it of all toxic chemicals that may harm your physical form.
4. Having vitamins and minerals in your diet can also help improve your oral hygiene for the better. Minerals like calcium will strengthen your bones so much so that it will be protected against the bacteria that cause gingivitis from damage your periodontal membrane.
5. Cleaning your mouth with baking soda and warm water can also help prevent gingivitis as well. Baking soda has components that may hinder the development of gingivitis and therefore protect you against all the unwanted bacteria in your mouth.
7. In addition to this, you also need to massage your gums to keep the circulation flowing correctly. The massage will help improve the circulation of the blood vessels and therefore keep the gums as healthy as it should be.
8. You can use herbal solutions to massage your gums with. These herbal solutions will undoubtedly help you maintain your healthy gums and protect you from various diseases that may damage your gums as well as your teeth.
9. Regular dental checkups can also be done to help you gain more information as to further improving your oral hygiene. If you have regular visits to your dentist, you will be able to gain insight as to how to take care of your teeth properly.
Having good oral hygiene is tantamount to protection against all the bacteria that may harm your dental health in the future. If you want to be protected against all kinds of dental diseases including gingivitis, you should be aware as to how to take care of your dental health.