Dental emergencies can happen all the time and you have to prepare yourself for properly handling the situation. Having the right information about tooth extraction can spell the main difference between saving a tooth and damaging it further. You should never neglect having your dentist’s clinic and home number in case you may need to reach him or her right away. If you have your doctor’s numbers available, you can reach the professional if necessary.
There are various types of dental emergencies, which you should be prepared to handle in any event. These are as follows.
Various Types of Dental Emergencies
Knocked out Tooth
1. Try to find the tooth immediately. Rinse the loose tooth thoroughly to wash off all the dirt.
2. Be reminded not to rub the tooth so as not to tear off any tissues and ligaments.
3. Try to place the tooth into the original socket, but if the gums are bleeding do not attempt to replace the loose tooth, instead make sure to place a damp cloth over the gum to stop the bleeding.
4. Then, wrap the tooth in tissue paper and go to the dental clinic as soon as you can.
1. Do your best to keep the oral area clean.
2. Rinse your mouth with drinking water and do not try to open your mouth so as not to expose the broken tooth.
3. Use cold compress to reduce the swelling and seal up the open parts of the teeth. After doing this, you must immediately seek dental help.
1. This is the most common form of dental emergency. Here are the various symptoms of toothache
2. Throbbing pain inside the mouth
3. Oversensitivity to temperatures (hot and cold food)
Be certain that no food particles are lodged between the teeth. If there are any, remove it immediately with dental floss.
Reminder: The relief for toothache without dental assistance is only temporary.
Foreign Objects Caught Between Teeth
It may be a fish bone, or other solid objects that can be difficult to remove on your own. There are various tools, which you can use to remove these lodged objects as follows.
If you think the object is small enough to be removed via dental floss, you may do so. If the gums start to bleed after flossing, it is best to go to the dentist and have it checked.
This can be used to remove bigger objects such as a fish bone. However, you must still be careful as to using this to not damage the gums and create further problems for your dental health.
Be reminded that visiting the dentist is still the best alternative than any kind of home remedy when it comes to dental problems. To prevent further complications, having regular visits to the dentist is the best way to go. As they say, an ounce of prevention is better than a pound of cure.