It is easy to fight gingivitis using natural means and home remedies that you can find right in your own house. You just have to know where to look and what to look for when you are preparing home remedies to fight gingivitis on your own. This is also advisable for those who do not want to spend too much money undergoing consultations and surgeries that may hurt the pocket as well. So if you want health and also avoid costly visits to dental offices then you can do this by taking some natural remedies and also with nutrition.
Natural Home Remedies for Gingivitis
- All you need to do is to mix equal parts of myrrh, wild oak bark, clove and peppermint leaves. Then put this in a tight fitting jar with an airtight lid and shake it until the mixture liquefies well. After doing this the solution will turn into paste that you can use to brush your teeth.
- Apply this on to your toothbrush and use the solution as toothpaste three times a day until the condition with your gums get better. Be careful to spit out any excess powder but also be reminded to not spend the solution right away for faster effects.
- You can add more peppermint to the solution if you find it bitter tasting. This will allow you to enjoy using the solution because of the good taste that the peppermint would bring. Herbal plants tend to leave a bitter taste in your mouth and peppermint will neutralize this bitter taste.
- As mentioned above, you should use the solution three times a day together with the powder to prevent the return of gingivitis. You may apply the powder onto your gums and massage the gums with the solution to increase efficacy and protection that the solution will bring.
- Aside from this herbal solution, you can also use a saline solution. Mix a small amount of salt with lukewarm water and gurgle the said mixture before and after meals. This helps cleanse your mouth of bacteria and excess food particles that made have been left inside your mouth after brushing.
- A soft bristle toothbrush can also help prevent gingivitis because it will not irritate the gums when being used. It will also help if you have a separate tongue scraper, which you can use to clean your tongue after you brush your teeth.
- Regular visits to the dentist also will help you maintain good oral hygiene because the dentist will be able to recommend an effective mouthwash that you can use for your dental health. If you do this at least once every six months, you will be able to prevent gum diseases from ever plaguing your mouth.
- You should also watch what you eat because it can also affect your oral hygiene both positively and negatively. It will help to eat healthy food like vegetables and fruits to maintain good oral hygiene and prevent bad breath.
How to Fight Gingivitis with Nutrition
If you really want to have healthy dental conditions, you should always keep in mind that brushing and flossing your teeth alone will never suffice. You should also be wary about the food that you eat because it will affect your dental health in many ways.
Gingivitis refers to a milder form of periodontal disease. However, if the condition is neglected for a long time, it can escalate to an even worse form of dental problems such as teeth infection and bacterial infestation within the teeth. If this happens, drastic measures like surgery may be the only way for you to survive and gain back your dental health as soon as possible.
In order to avoid this, you should be mindful of what you eat and what you take in as well. Here are some of the types of food that you have to eat and avoid in order to gain superb dental health. These types of food will help you gain stronger immunity and make you crave for healthier food as well.
- First, you have to eat lots of fiber. This will strengthen your immune system, which will in turn protect you from all kinds of infection whether it is bacterial or otherwise. Some examples of fiber rich foods are as follows
2. Whole grains
- These foods will help increase your metabolic rate as well. If your metabolic rate is faster, it will be easier to break down the nutrients that your body will need in order for you to gain a stronger immune system.
- In addition to this, you should also be naturally crunchy foods because it helps clean the teeth organically. The crunchiness of the food facilitates a rubbing motion that helps remove food particles in between the teeth. Some types of food on the other hand tend to settle above the gum line, which will therefore facilitate the bacterial growth.
- Eating foods with vitamins and minerals also helps in the increasing of the immune system to fight of bacterial infection. If you are strong and healthy, the bacteria that bring gingivitis will never attack you. Some of the vitamins that can help increase your immune system are calcium, potassium, magnesium, ascorbic acid and more.
- You must avoid sugar at all costs. This is because it will destroy your teeth in such a way that it hides itself in between your teeth so much so that bacteria can breed and grow in these locations with the help of sugar as the exacerbating agent.
These are just some of the major food groups that you should take in and avoid if you want to keep your teeth healthy and free from gingivitis and periodontal disease. Having gingivitis will not be an easy situation to deal with and so, you must do your best to avoid this condition as much as you can.
Dental health should not be taken for granted because it is as important as a person’s overall well being.