yesterday i swallowed my tooth while i was eating and i tried throwing up and didn't see it..i have been to the bathroom and still haven't found it. it's been almost 24hrs and i'm scared that it won't ever pass. i can't afford to see a dentist.. so, i need the tooth. will it pass or is it gone?

Leave Comment

Comments

  • Dr.Ritz

    Dr.Ritz 29 - September - 2011, at 01:57 AM

  • There is nothing really to worry about if you swallowed tooth. There is actually no harm if a small chip of tooth or broken tooth is swallowed.  Tooth will pass through your system with no harm. Eat a normal diet but add more of soluble fiber in your diet if you experience constipation. Soluble fiber will soften your stool and will speed up the recovery process.  It may take 4-5 days for the tooth to pass through the digestive system. You can go to ER and they may do a x-ray to determine path of tooth and make sure that it passes normally.

Free Dental Consultation