Hi, I am 25 and have 3 wisdom teeth that are all impacted, either vertically or angular. I have already had 4 (canines)teeth removed because of lack of space in my mouth that was affecting my TMJ about 10 years ago. The lower front canines have rotated and the rest of my teeth on the mandible are slanting forward (roots are angular). I have been told my maxillary arch is overcrowded too. I have been asked to extract my wisdom teeth and then go for braces. I am not very keen for all those extractions. What is the best treatment plan?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 15 - April - 2017, at 00:32 AM

• if your maxillary arch is overcrowded and you need well aligned teeth then best option is to go for the extraction of the wisdom teeth and then go for the braces. As such also the wisdom teeth are of no use. they don't help in eating. if you get the braces treatment done without getting the wisdom teeth removed, which are impacted then later on they can cause the prolem. So it is better to get them removed and go for the braces treatment. if you want you can have the second opinion as it is difficult to give a treatment plan without seeing the case clinically. For more info on braces treatment you can visit the following link on our website....

http://www.identalhub.com/dental-effect-of-wisdom-teeth-on-orthodontic-treatment-738.aspx

Free Dental Consultation