Hi. 4 days ago I had two cavities that needed filling. Up to now, I have a weird thing in my ear where it sounds like I hear the ocean or something. It's not ringing; just amplified hearing, or like a dull hollow hearing. It's not a sound. I know it had to do with the injections because they were a lot and it is from the ear on the side of where the injections were. Am I going to be okay? I'm worried. What is going on! This has never happened to me with dental work.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 06 - March - 2017, at 08:12 AM

• Normally it is not like this after getting the injections but sometimes if the nerve is injured it can happen but it recovers in couple of days . So wait for another 2 to 3 days . the symptoms will subside but is they are still there then you can discuss with your dentist.Without clinical examination and without taking the history it is not possible to give advice in your case. For more info on local anaesthesia you can visit the following link on our website......

http://www.identalhub.com/article_local-anaesthesia-and-sedation-in-dentistry-416.aspx

Free Dental Consultation