All of us have started hearing about dental implants so often but how many of us have reasonable information or knowledge on what are dental implants, What are dental implants made of, how are dental implants fixed, In what situations are dental implants fixed and what are the situations when dental implants should not be fixed. This article would enlighten you with all this dental implants information.
Dental Implant is a new revolution in Dentistry, It is a prosthetic device of alloplastic material implanted in the oral tissues beneath the mucosal layer or with in the bone to support and provide retention for a fixed or removable prosthesis.
Dental implants are the best option to replace the missing teeth rather than resting on gum line like removable prosthesis or using adjacent tooth as a support like fixed bridge, dental implants are long time replacement that your DENTIST places in the jaw bone .
1. Inability to wear a removable partial or complete denture.
2. Need for long span fixed partial denture with questionable prognosis.
3. Unfavourable number and location of potential natural tooth abutments
4. Single tooth loss that would necessitate preparation of minimally restored teeth for fixed prosthesis
(a) Implant can be used to replace one missing tooth ,so that it looks and feels natural
(b) Two or more implants can function as stable support
5. Orthodontic anchorage
6. Edentulous mandible and maxilla(upper and lower jaw without teeth )
7. Immediate implantation
8. Periodontal problems
9. Periapical pathology and resorption of roots
10. Agenetic elements ( by birth missing teeth)
Free Dental Consultation