Yes, baking soda does whiten your teeth. Baking soda is an excellent teeth whitener that not only whitens your teeth, but also cleans them. Baking soda is very safe and has been used since ages, to clean and whiten teeth. To use baking soda, simply dissolve it in water and make a paste of it. You can then place this paste on your toothbrush and start brushing, like you do with normal toothpaste. As you brush your teeth with this baking soda solution, it will gently clean your teeth, by scraping off the plaque from your teeth and getting rid of yellow stains.
Use of Baking Soda for Teeth Whitening
It is really very easy to use baking soda for whitening your teeth. To make an effective baking soda paste, follow these instructions:
1. Put a teaspoon full of baking soda in a bowl.
2. Add a little bit of salt to the baking soda
3. Add water to it, and make a paste-like solution
4. Put that paste on your toothbrush
5. Brush your teeth like you would, with any normal toothpaste
6. After brushing, rinse your mouth, just like normal brushing
Baking soda is absolutely safe and harmless, and can even be used by people with sensitive teeth and gums.
1. Make sure to brush your tongue with normal toothpaste, after brushing your teeth with baking soda solution. It’s better to use a tongue scraper. If you don’t clean your tongue, it can result in bacteria that cause bad breath. To prevent that, you should always clean your tongue
2. You can also try adding hydrogen peroxide to your baking soda solution. Hydrogen peroxide is the thing that you put on cuts etc. It is very effective for teeth whitening.
If you are going to brush your teeth with baking soda, keep in mind that you should not brush too hard. Brushing your teeth too hard is bad, even when you are using regular toothpaste.
Do not use baking soda solution everyday, as it is an abrasive, and can damage the enamel of your teeth. It is a safe procedure, if you do it only once or twice a month. You can even use special toothpastes that are meant for tooth whitening. They are gentler than baking soda, and can be used everyday, without any harm.
Brushing the teeth with baking soda solution will make them only a bit whiter, but it is definitely not the only tooth-whitening method. In fact, using baking soda, serves only as a maintenance method. It should be done to keep your teeth looking their best. For a pearly white smile, you need to use other teeth whitening procedures, and use baking soda only to provide touch-ups. It will certainly keep that dazzling glow on your teeth.
But before going for the baking soda solution, always keep in mind, the hazards of using too much baking soda. It can corrode the enamel of your teeth. So be careful, and use it only once or twice a month.
Free Dental Consultation