Acupuncture has been known in eastern medicine as a very effective cure for all types of diseases. It is a practice that deals with applying pressure on to some points in the body with the use of needles therefore relieving the ailments that are claim to be connected to those body parts. Dry mouth is defined as the significant decrease of saliva within the oral cavity. If this happens, bacteria and germs would be greatly permeable into your mouth thus making you susceptible to various types of diseases.
1. Many medications are specifically designed to cure dry mouth. However, these medications have unknown side effects that may affect the functioning of your oral cavity if taken without proper measurement and supervision.
2. This is why most doctors have begun to explore the possibilities of using branches of eastern medicine like acupuncture to help alleviate this condition. Acupuncture may be applied to certain points of the face to help increase the flow of saliva from the glands to your mouth. If this is done well, you will be able to experience more moistness inside your oral cavity that will help protect you from various oral related diseases like halitosis or tooth decay.
1. Saliva is a very important substance to the human body especially to the oral cavity because it lubricates the mouth therefore allowing the chewing of food to be easier for the human mouth. Aside from this, the lubrication also helps in keeping the taste buds fresh and clean all the time.
2. Another importance of saliva is that it also helps in food digestion and mastication. With the help of saliva, the food that you eat is easily disintegrated and rushed into small particles so much so that the process of digestion will begin much quicker.
3. Saliva also releases enzymes that help hasten the process of digestion even further. This will increase the process of metabolism and make it faster for the body to process the food and absorb all the nutrients that it needs.
1. Dry mouth affects the ingestion so much so that the food will never be crushed fast enough even if each you chew it hard. You would need to take much more time chewing it before you swallow. In addition to this, the enzymes that help in digestion will lessen and therefore the process will take much longer than it should.
2. Acupuncture leaves this kind of pain through applying pressure on to various points in the body as mentioned earlier. This pressure will help activate the glands that produce saliva and will therefore fix the flow of food intake and process of digestion.
Acupuncture truly has many advantages when it comes to addressing the health issues of people. It does not only will the pain but also help in making dysfunctional body parts work well in accordance with your daily activities like eating.
Free Dental Consultation