I bite down on a hard object and thought it was ice. It was a hard plastic oject with a little screw in it. i cut the roof of my mouth and briuised my gums. the problem that Im haing now is is headaches, face, Jaw, neck pain, and a clicking. what do you think is the problem? should I go to the Doctor or will it go away if I just keep taking Motrin.

Leave Comment


  • Dr.Ritz

    Dr.Ritz 20 - January - 2012, at 01:36 AM

  • Biting down on hard object can affect the soft tissue; teeth and can also affect the TMJ joint. TMJ joint affected by trauma can lead to severe headaches and pain in the jaw and also causes clicking sound on opening and closing the mouth. Teeth might have also got injured because of trauma and if pulp becomes necrosed, then root canal treatment is required. If TMJ dysfunction has occurred because of trauma, then physical therapy, muscle relaxants or occlusal splints will be given to you. If tooth is cracked because of trauma, then treatment is required for cracked tooth. You should visit your dentist for evaluation and treatment. By the time, you visit your dentist, avoid any irritation to the bruised area and maintain good oral hygiene to avoid any secondary infections. You can also do warm saline rinses 3-4 times a day for faster healing to take place. You can apply orajel on bruised gums and take pain meds for pain relief. For more info on treatment of TMJ dysfunction, refer to……   http://www.identalhub.com/article_what-is-the-treatment-for-tmj-disorders-196.aspx

Free Dental Consultation