I had 2 teeth removed last Wed. My Tongue is still numb, still experiencing allot of pain, today my ear is hurting and my throat is a little sore. Dentist said nothing he can do for me besides give me pain pills. I am tired of taking these pills and am concerned about the numbing. What should I do?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Tonja

Tonja 03 - August - 2011, at 13:39 PM

• Thank You for advice. I am now at 1 week tongue still numb and still extreem pain. I ended up at Emergency room 8/1. Dr recommended Oral Surgeon. My Dentist finally had me come back in 8/2. I do have Dry Socket. He cut the area to get blood clot to form, packed it and sent me home. I have reached out for an Oral Surgeon reccomended by Parents Dentist on my own. They need recomendation from my Dentist and records. I have requested from my Dentist. Hopefully they will have everything ready today. Hopefully I will get better soon. Thank you again.

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 01 - August - 2011, at 23:19 PM

• The nerve supplying to the tongue might have got hurt because of which you might be experiencing the numbness. The numbness will recover itself within a week. If you are experiencing pain and difficulty in swallowing, it might be a case of dry or impacted socket. In case of a dry socket, the dentist cleans the area and gives a packing which relieves the pain. The numbness will be fine within 1week. You can consult an oral surgeon if the numbness persists even after 1 week. For more info on tooth extraction aftercare and problems you can read this article... http://www.identalhub.com/article_do's-and-don'ts-after-tooth-extraction-153.aspx

Free Dental Consultation