I was told by a dentist that I have periodantal disease. I don't have medical insurance and cannot pay to have my teeth treated. What can I do at home to help. I was told by the dentist to floss, but flossing hurts!

Leave Comment

Comments

•  Angelena

Angelena 11 - March - 2010, at 09:04 AM

• Thank you for responding! And yes your information is helpful! Yes I want to save my teeth, but in the meantime till I can afford treatment, I have to take care of my mouth and gums at home. And salt and peroxide, are within my price range! The advice from you however, is priceless! THANKS!

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 05 - March - 2010, at 20:15 PM

• For the periodontal disease you have to maintain very good oral hygeine. Brush your teeth at least twice a day and you can use warm saline rinses two to three times a day.It really helps.you should floss regularly.Initially it will hurt but when the gums start healing it will be fine but do the flssing very gently. For more info on home remedies for gum diseases you can visit the following link on our website.... .http://www.identalhub.com/article_home-remedies-for-dental-problems-88.aspx

Free Dental Consultation