Hello, Four years ago I had my wisdam tooth pulled. Since that the lower molar #6 ( right before the wisdom tooth) has moved toward the tooth in front of it and chipped of one quarter of the (premolar#5) tooth. Can I just get the broken tooth pulled out to stop tooth decay or both has to go? I can not afford any costly dental work. Thank you. A J

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 09 - May - 2010, at 19:12 PM

• In my opinion, get the lower right #6 restored as these are key teeth for mastication and if they are pulled out, eating will be a problem for you and #7 will move further forward. Replacement of #6 will be more expensive than saving it.

• aj

aj 08 - May - 2010, at 04:54 AM

• Thank you. You are absolutely right. The lower left wisdom tooth was pulled and the second molar #7 has moved forward and chipped off one quarter of the first molar#6 tooth. In this case can the first molar#6 pulled out to stop further decay of the tooth?

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 07 - May - 2010, at 19:40 PM

• Wisdo tooth is #8. so the tooth before has to be #7 which is the second molar. If you are saying that #6 is moved forward and if you get it extracted then you will not be having any molars to chew. It is better if you get the #5 filled and try to save it.. It is cheaper to get the teeth pulled out but replacement is quite expensive. So in my opinion it is better to save the tooth. For more info on dental topics you can browse our website

Free Dental Consultation