Hello, I really need a help. My top-left gum got somehow injured since three days ago. And ever since then, my gum and my top-left lip got swollen also. Two of my most-front teeth have already got a hole in between. I don't know how, the left one was suddenly moved slightly forward. Then ever since then, I got this swollen problems. It has been three days, then my swellings are getting smaller, but the my swollen gum itself is getting more clear, although it wasn't that hurtful anymore. Just an hour ago, a part of the gum is becoming white, and suddenly it's like bleeding with a yellowish-white pus that is also coming out. I found out that if I press the top-left tooth gently, the pus and bleed are coming out. All the dentist in my hometown is closed since it's a holiday now. So, I can only go there tomorrow evening. What can I do for now? Should I take all the blood and puss out by gently pressing them? Since it makes the pain somehow decreased. Thanks Regards, Aj - Indonesia

Leave Comment

Comments

• Aj

Aj 23 - January - 2012, at 11:22 AM

• Thank you for getting my questions answered, I really appreciate it, Dr. My swollen gum is getting smaller by the time of the day and the blood isn't draining anymore. The pus however was still coming out in the evening, once. I am going to see my dentist tomorrow, hoping to get best result after all. Thank you very much. Regards, Aj - Indonesia

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 23 - January - 2012, at 01:10 AM

• Your teeth and gums have become infected. Trauma to teeth and gums can lead to pain and infection. Pus and bleeding from gums can be there because of gum infection or can occur from infected tooth.  Pus drainage from tooth and gums will provide some pain relief. To reduce swelling of the gums, you can also do warm saline rinses 3-4 times a day. You need to visit your dentist for evaluation and treatment. If pulp of the tooth is necrosed because of trauma, then root canal treatment is required for affected tooth. If tooth has become slightly mobile, then it will become firm on its own in some time but if tooth is quite mobile, then splinting may also be required for loose tooth. Without clinical examination and without seeing the x-rays, it is difficult to give definite treatment plan. Maintain a good oral hygiene to avoid any secondary infections. For detailed info on tooth trauma, refer to…..   http://www.identalhub.com/article_tooth-trauma-331.aspx

Free Dental Consultation