My lava lamp hit my tooth..I was on my bed and leaned back, the cord was under me,and it pulled it down on my mouth. My lip got a huge bump on it and my tooth hurts. I am really hungry but can't eat. Im only 15 and I'm really scared. Its an adult tooth also.

Leave Comment

• dr ritz

dr ritz 05 - December - 2011, at 23:25 PM

• Kirby, Treatment of tooth which has become loose because of trauma depends on the extent of mobility of tooth after trauma and type of fracture of tooth. If mobility of tooth is of grade 1 that is tooth is only slightly loose then no treatment will be required for the tooth. Dentist will just give you instructions to not to bite from this tooth and if tooth is quite mobile, then splinting can be done to secure the loose tooth. Thin steel wire is used to attach the loose tooth to firm teeth and will provide strength and support to the tooth. Because of trauma, dental pulp can also get necrosed and can become non-vital. In such cases, endodontic treatment is also required. You have to visit your dentist to get evaluation done. Maintain good oral hygiene to avoid any deposits and food accumulates around teeth.

• Kirby

Kirby 05 - December - 2011, at 18:27 PM

• A while back, I got hit in the mouth, and some of my teeth got loosened. After about 2 weeks, they seemed to tighten up. However, now one is loose again. Its been about two weeks, it got worse, better, and now a little worse. What to do?

• Alexis

Alexis 14 - July - 2011, at 19:46 PM

• Thanks, its not loose,as far as I can tell. It still hurts. It has been about 1 1/2 - 2 hours since I got hurt...

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 14 - July - 2011, at 19:33 PM

• for the lip which is swollen, you can put ice. As your tooth is also hurt, so you have to be careful not to bite anything from that tooth, rather donot take anything hard for atleast a week till the pain subsidies. Take semisoild or liquids in which chewing is not required much like noodles, porridge etc. Normally the teeth heals without any complication after this sort of trauma if you take all the precaution like not irritating it any further. You can do warm saline rinses and maintain a good oral hygiene. If the tooth is very loose then you have to visit dentist. For more info on tooth trauma you can read this article...

Free Dental Consultation