Hi, i am 17 years old,and my left central incisor is tilted outwards :( i feel it looks ugly. I visited about 3 dentist one said i have surpassed my age for braces 2nd said it could be done..but didnt give any detail 3rd said 4 teeth have to be removed to get it done..because my teeth are crowded.....though not very conjusted but there is no further space between them..its fine if 1 tooth is removed ..but 4 teeth...that is not done.. And also i have whitish lining on near roots of teeth what is that?? Plz tell me what could be done..i dont know but i feel very unconfident

Leave Comment

Comments

• anant

anant 24 - January - 2012, at 11:23 AM

• Thanx alot doc. Your website is awesome..just love it :)

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 24 - January - 2012, at 01:47 AM

• Protrusion of left central incisor can be there because of heredity or can be there because of some oral habits like prolonged thumb sucking or tongue thrusting etc. Treatment can be done for misaligned tooth. To correct the alignment of teeth, dental braces can be given. You have not surpassed age for dental braces. Even adults of age 30-40 years can get braces. Braces will make your teeth straight. You can get metallic dental braces or can get ceramic or lingual dental braces. Ceramic dental braces are esthetic and are not as conspicuous as metallic dental braces. Lingual dental braces are bonded to the back portion of the tooth and are not visible. If there is crowding of teeth present, then extraction has to be done to gain the space. In children, space can be gained by arch expansion and other methods but in adults, sometimes extraction is to be done to gain space. Wisdom teeth and or bicuspids are removed for braces treatment. Apart from braces, you can also opt for invisaligns which are clear, removable aligners. Duration of treatment of dental braces or invisaligns is 18-24 months. You can also get cosmetic procedures done to correct the alignment of tooth. Dental bonding, lumineers, veneers or dental crowns can be given to correct the misaligned tooth. Duration of treatment of cosmetic procedures is less as compared to braces or invisaligns. You can visit an orthodontist for treatment of misaligned tooth. Whitish line near the root of tooth can be there because of plaque and calculus deposits. Without clinical examination, it is difficult to give definite diagnosis. If they are deposits present on teeth, then dental cleaning can be done to remove them. For detailed info on teeth straightening options for adult teeth, refer to……    http://www.identalhub.com/dental-straightening-options-for-adult-teeth-549.aspx

Free Dental Consultation