i had a white spot and they told me my only option was to grind it down and put a porcelain cap over it so they did and i want it to know if its true also i practice kickboxing and i was wondering if that would affect me would that front tooth be any weaker than the other

Leave Comment

Comments

• dr ritz

dr ritz 24 - October - 2011, at 22:46 PM

• Anthony, Porcelain or all ceramic dental crowns are brittle and may fracture if excessive stresses are applied to it. Your porcelain dental crowns may fracture or may come out during a street fight. If you have to play some sport, then you have to wear a mouth guard to protect it. You have to take care of your dental crown.

• Anthony

Anthony 24 - October - 2011, at 20:55 PM

• i have a all porcelain crown in my front tooth, what are the chances of getting it knocked out during a street fight? also i like sparring obviously during sparring i have the chance of wearing a mouth peace but im still worried?

• cesar

cesar 12 - June - 2011, at 17:23 PM

• is it possible to grow a third tooth? i have grown extra teeth on the top of my mouth.. but is it possible to grow one that i lost?

• jose

jose 12 - April - 2011, at 12:23 PM

• so lets say i get in a random fight cause they are bothering me i feel vulnerable because of my tooth like if i get hit just once my tooth would get dropped... i feel like the tooth might be really weaker then the rest therefore i dont really do as good as i would in defending my self worrying about the tooth....

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 11 - April - 2011, at 18:43 PM

• The teeth having all ceramic porcelain crowns are like other teeth. If they get punched, not only the crown can come out but the tooth underneath can also fracture and may be to be pulled out and you will then need dental implant or bridge which are very costly. You are at risk like any other person who gets puched in face and get impact on front teeth. During boxing, the mouthguard really protects the teeth. Though it is not possible to wear mouthguards in routine but while playing extreme you must wear them. For more info on sports dentistry you can read article from this website.

Free Dental Consultation