I am 20 and have had this issue for 1 wk. I have a dull,throbing pain in my left corner jaw, I cannot open my mouth completely and when I move it I hear a "sloshing" noise near my ear.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Arleen

Arleen 14 - July - 2011, at 13:58 PM

• Thank you!

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 13 - July - 2011, at 19:16 PM

• It looks like you have wisdom tooth coming in because at this age this is the most likely cause of pain in the corner of jaw. For this you have to go to dentist who will do clinical exam and take xrays to see whether there is enough space for wisdom teeth to come in or not. Usually the space available for wisdom teeth is less and so they become impacted and cause pain and swelling. In such cases you have to get them pulled out as wisdom teeth are not usefull as they donot have any chew function. Till then for temporary relief you can do warm saline rinses 2-3 days and can take pain killer tab for pain relief. So schdule an appointment with your dentist before it gets worse. For more info on wisdm teeth you can read this article... http://www.identalhub.com/dental-what-is-third-molar-or-wisdom-tooth-734.aspx

Free Dental Consultation