I just got all-porcelain bridge(no metal) on my 7-10 front teeth, and three healed perfectly but the #10 has a space between a new crown and gum line and a thin black line around the gum line... 1.What could this be? 2.Is it normal to have space between a new all porcelain crown and gum line? Note: my teeth are dead and the roots are discoloring. Any Advice? Thank you, Beth

Leave Comment

Comments

• Beth Smith

Beth Smith 18 - November - 2010, at 07:08 AM

• Thank you very much Dr.Ritz!!! Best Wishes!!! Beth

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 14 - November - 2010, at 20:06 PM

• As it is all ceramic crowns there should not be any space between the tooth and the crown and there should not be any black line also. In case of porcelain fused to metal , crownsnear the gum line the metal is exposed giving the look of black line but in all ceramic as there is no metal there should not be any black line. In your case the black line may be because of the discolored tooth as there is gap between the tooth and the crown. You should go to your dentist and find out as with out seeing the case it is difficult to comment on the same. For more info on dental crowns you can visit the following link on our website....www.identalhub.com/article_problems-after-crown-placement-272.aspx

Free Dental Consultation