Im going to say it straight out.I hacve bad teeth. My enamel has always been really week. The nurses always say it looks like i have good teeth until they see the xrays. I have many cavities. My mom and old doctor said its due to a shot I had hen i was born. Anyways, due to my weak enamel Im always getting dental work done. and I always get the white fillings because Im selfaware of my teeth looking bad. - Well this time my dentist gave me silver fillings and It looks awful. My question is, since it wasnt what I wanted, and I have insurance to cover everything, or even if I have to pay... Will the dentist fix it for me, ( by fix I mean drill it out and refill it with the white, or however it works.) if I ask or pay him out of pocket to do it?

Leave Comment

• Bethany

Bethany 01 - July - 2011, at 20:48 PM

• Thank you for your response. And I certainly would have told the doctor I wanted the white, however, he didnt even tell me he was changing it. He didnt ask or anything, he just put the white in, I dont even know why. I was just worried he would tell me no if I ask him to change it.

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 01 - July - 2011, at 19:22 PM

• Normally these days composite filling are only done which are tooth colored as everybody these days is aesthetic concious. But sometimes some insurance companies donot cover the composites filings and only silver filling are allowed and in such cases the dentist is bound to ask the patient for change as the patient has to pay from his own pocket for that. If you had no problem in paying then you should have told the dentist to go for composite filling. Now if silver filling is done, you can easily get it drilled out and it can be replaced by composite filling. It is not going to cost to extra for drilling out and you will have to pay for composite filling charges depending on tooth and surfaces involved in filling. For more info on composite fillings you can read this article.......

Free Dental Consultation