I have very poor teeth, broken, chipped, sum to the gum, I am totally scared to death of going to a dentist, Im also emabarrased, I cannot take pain and I do not want to be awake during any extractions. I donnot want false teeth that looked like your great grandmothers, I want natural, super white as i once had, I am 57 years of age, HELP!!!!!

Leave Comment

• Brad Anderson

Brad Anderson 25 - January - 2012, at 16:30 PM

• Thank you very much for the response to my letter. I appreciate all you had to say, Now can you recomend a dentist that can handle a client with all the anxiety and I have medicare insurance only.

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 25 - January - 2012, at 04:19 AM

• Chipped teeth don’t necessarily require extraction. If your teeth can be restored, then your dentist will restore them to save the teeth but if they are beyond repair and are unrestorable, then they will be removed. Treatment of broken and chipped teeth is dependent on amount of tooth which is broken and whether it is a front or back tooth. If a small portion of front tooth structure is chipped off, then it can be restored with composite filling which is tooth colored esthetic filling material. If it is a back tooth which is chipped and broken, then dental filling or crown is required for the tooth. If nerve portion of the tooth is exposed, then root canal treatment followed by dental crown is required for the tooth. If tooth is badly mutilated, then root canal treatment followed by post and core procedure and dental crown is required. If tooth is unrestorable, then it is pulled out and can further be replaced with dental implants or dental bridge. If you will keep delaying the treatment, then chipped broken teeth can cause pain and other complications. If you don’t want to be awake during dental procedure, then procedure can be done under sedation or general anesthesia. Visit your dentist for treatment. For more info on treatment of fractured teeth, refer to……   http://www.identalhub.com/article_signs-and-symptoms-of-the-cracked-tooth-206.aspx

Free Dental Consultation