A child of 5 years of age, has most or all of its teeth 80-90% destroyed and cavities have reached the pulp in most of them also. What is the treatment for this child.The cause was that the mik bottle was left all night, every night for sucking.Do you extract the bad baby teeth or do you proceed to do endodontics??????

Leave Comment


  • dr ritz

    dr ritz 30 - October - 2011, at 23:12 PM

  • Bobby, there are as such no gels or medicines to treat decayed teeth. in case of nursing bottle caries, caries are excavated and temporary filling is given and then, treatment plan is made. If soft tissue is not involved, then dental filling can be done and if pulp is involved in decay, then root canal therapy is done. If teeth are grossly decayed, then tooth extraction is done. Adult teeth come at age of 6-12 years. Baby teeth act as space maintainers for adult teeth so you have to get your child's missing teeth replaced. Make sure that your child maintain good hygiene. Your kid should brush twice regularly before going to bed and after breakfast. Get treatment done for the carious teeth from a pedondontist before the condition of teeth becomes worse.

  • bobby

    bobby 30 - October - 2011, at 09:56 AM

  • my child is 18 months old. she is having feeding bottle caries and has lost her 2 front teeth, we would like to know if there are any medicinces or gels to help the other teeth.we have shown her to a pedo-dentist.he has given his recomendations.i would like to know the ways of treating her.thank u.

  • Dr.Ritz

    Dr.Ritz 15 - May - 2011, at 05:54 AM

  • After endo treatment, if no crown structure is left then you can go for either biological post or you can use Ribbond which is polyurethane fibre as a post but this post should not exceed more than middle 1/3 of root as the milk teeth root has to resorb and ultimately tooth is to shed. Above this post and core you can put the crown which can be built by composite using strip crown. The patient has to be kept on recall and when the time comes for adult tooth to erupt then you have to remove these teeth.

  • Dr.Himshikha

    Dr.Himshikha 15 - May - 2011, at 03:42 AM

  • thankyou, but i meant what addditional to endo treatment.no crown struc left so build up is difficult with composite..how are bonded partials or interiors with band on posteriors done...?? any link foe reference..???

  • Dr.Ritz

    Dr.Ritz 14 - May - 2011, at 20:13 PM

  • If endodontic treatment is not to be done then other line of action is to pull out the grossly decayed teeth and put some artificial replacement for the front teeth. This can be bonded partials or interiors with bands on posteriors but most feasible is to go for Endo treatment and then build the front teeth with composites.

Free Dental Consultation