I like to know if these endo apex locator is sufficient for calculating the length of the root canal,disregarding the X-rays.Has this been established?

Leave Comment

Comments

• David

David 24 - April - 2011, at 12:30 PM

• Again, I Thank you. I will assume that by using the endo. apex locator it will be sufficient to know the length of the root canal.

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 24 - April - 2011, at 04:38 AM

• This forum is for guiding the patients for their dental problems and not for answering the dental professional for technical guidance. But still we are giving you the answer for the question you have posted. You question on children nursing bottle caries was also answered to guide the patient and we are happy that you appreciated it.

Regarding apex locaters they calculate the working lenght of the Root canal quite accurately and its accuracy is more than xrays. Still  we need an xay to guideat  the apex locater. It is proven that the reading given by endo root apex locater is accurate. In xrays, if we have to calculate the working length, we have to keep our file 2-3 mm less than the apex and we have to be very sure that angulation of xray is correct. It is not the case with apex locater. The apex locater gives you reading and beep when it reaches apex and dentist comes to know by seeing reading and can know about working lenght of root canal. So endo apex locaters are more reliable but definately the dentist experience and still is most important.

Free Dental Consultation