How can I send you the panoramic X-ray, Dr. Ritz?????? The 3rd molar is very near the Dental nerve and deep imbedded.

Leave Comment

Comments

• David

David 27 - April - 2011, at 03:39 AM

• Thank you Dr. Ritz. I find your answer helpfull. I will get to work with your sugestions, as soon as posible.

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 26 - April - 2011, at 09:46 AM

• I have gone thru your pano. Actually pano is not very good xray to see that whether the tooth is very near to nerve or not. It may be overlapping it or as the roots of the impacted molar looks hooked, it may be encircling the nerve. For the proper diagnosis, you can go for IOPA xray or you can take RVG. The best method to diagnose is to go for CAT Scan. As the tooth is having cyst also so best way is to do enucleation with the tooth removal. Drainage alone is not going to serve the purpose but before this you have to be sure about the proximity of the tooth to the nerve. You can discuss this with an oral surgeon who can check it out along with clinical examination to arrive at right diagnosis.

• David

David 26 - April - 2011, at 03:52 AM

• Hello again,could you send me your answer to the impacted 3rd molar extraction again, since I was unable to find it. Thank you.

• David

David 26 - April - 2011, at 01:32 AM

• Thank you Dr. Ritz, it's for my brother-in -law who is very anxious for treatment! The left impacted upper3rd molar is also considered for extraction, but he is concentrated on the right side for now. Please let me know if drainage is applied 1st or a biopsy is in order or just plain extraction. The lower right 3rd molar is very close to the dental nerve as you can observe, please make your comments over this detail.

Panoramic Xray for Impacted Wisdom teeth or 3rd Molar

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 25 - April - 2011, at 18:50 PM

• You can send your pano on our website email address.

Free Dental Consultation