i have had a cosmetic teeth surgery for my front six teeth.and i am just 19..however it dint work out that good and i had to go for a gum surgery and a re root canal..but from the time i have done this surgery i am havin pain in my eye , jaw and behind the ears and throat.the dentist had also sliced a bit of my back tooth sayin my bite is not proper. i am very depressed that why i did i opt for it when everything was going alright..please help me

Leave Comment

Comments

• Disha

Disha 13 - February - 2011, at 18:44 PM

• dr ritz thanks a lot for helping me..i am really obliged...but i cant get over this thing..original was the best no matter how crooked they were....but i will be going for metal free ceramic in a few months so with that i can bite on hard things na? please i need your consolation

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 13 - February - 2011, at 07:18 AM

• Hi, there is nothing to be upset. Now whatever has been done is done. So many people get cosmetic treatment done. Try to have positive approach. Now about correcting occlusion and getting teeth ground more, I think you should take second opinion before getting it done as you already have pain in the teeth which are sliced. For that you can use some desensitizing tooth paste which will help you.

• Disha

Disha 13 - February - 2011, at 07:15 AM

• thanks a lot dr.ritz...but was this a good option to undergo cosmetic surgery for my front six teeth in such a early age of 19..i had tried braces but it relapsed and in a hurry i went for cosmetic surgery..but i am so upset that for the rest of my life i will have caps on my front six teeth and they have been root canaled also.they were all healthy teeth...i cant bite on hard things fgor the rest of my life..and because by back teeth have been sliced a bit i have constant apin in my jaw and cheeks.the doctor has asked me to slice a bit more once in 4 weeks for 3-4 times to correct my occlusion.so hsould i go for it.please help me.i am feeking very guilty about not listening to my parents and undergoing cosmetic dentistry

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 06 - February - 2011, at 01:48 AM

• It is not clear from your question, what kind of gum surgery you have got but pain for 3-4 months after gum surgery is normal. There is nothing to worrry about. You can maintain good oral hygiene and follow all the instructions given by your dentist. Slicing the back of your front tooth is also normal. It is  done so that the front teeth are out of occlusion and there is no repeated trauma by the lower teeth and it helps in healing of the teeth. It is normally done after gum surgery so you donot have to feel depressed about this. If you are not very comfortable then you can go for second opinion from a Periodontist. For more on surgery aftercare you can read this article.... www.identalhub.com/article_what-is-cosmetic-gum-surgery-60.aspx

Free Dental Consultation