Hi! Most of my teeth have white fillings and I know that it will not last a lifetime. I had also replaced some of them because those have been in my mouth years years ago. I know it should be replaced in time, but I'm afraid that it will get deeper and deeper into the root. Is there a high possibility that I would wear dentures in the future or that it will all be crowned? If i maintain oral hygiene and regular dentist check-ups is there a possibility that I will still be able to save all of my teeth? Thank You.

Leave Comment

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 22 - December - 2011, at 05:24 AM

• Teeth are for lifetime and if you maintain good oral hygiene by brushing and flossing regularly, then your teeth will be there for life long. If you get regular dental check ups done and keep your gums and teeth healthy, then you don’t need dentures or dental crowns. Composite restorations can get discolored and stained with time. If patient doesn’t maintain good oral hygiene, then accumulation of plaque and food debris can occur around restoration and cause tooth decay. To avoid tooth decay, don’t take excess of sticky and sugary foods and brush and floss regularly. Along with brushing and flossing, you can also use mild antiseptic mouth wash which is a chemical adjunct to plaque removal. If there is tooth decay present, then it should be restored before it deepens further and if there is gum infection present, then get treatment done for it.  For more info on good oral hygiene, refer to….   http://www.identalhub.com/article_good-oral-hygiene-231.aspx

Free Dental Consultation