I am a 29 year old female who just last week had 8 teeth pulled from the top of my mouth the others were gone before, and I have some missing in the back ,when I went to the dentist yesterday he wanted me to have 4 more pulled out but I heard pulling to many teeth can lead to bone loss and shift your other teeth and I beleive I can get a root canal on one but they say it is to far down my other tooth in the back is a cavity but it has not turned to tooth decay where it ate through my tooth ,my two front bottom teeth have black spots where the cavity most likely is and there becoming lose and I am afraid of not having my other bottom teeth for so long I could be losing bone loss and my teeth are shifting he wants me to get a partial but to wait two months for approval and get the four teeth pulled in two and a half weeks seems to much for me ,also I would like to see a periodontist but there is not one in my area and I dont drive my gums are not puffy or inflamed but have receeded and my dentist solution to most is just pull it, when I brush the bottom teeth I have they dont bleed but do become sensitive a lit bit after my insurance sucks so I dont have many options with dentist ,does it sound like periodontal disease and what can I do to slow down the progression if it is and should I get a second opinion on having my other teeth removed or see if I can save them sorry about the long question

Leave Comment

Comments

• freda

freda 03 - May - 2011, at 19:24 PM

• I am also having the problem of my bottom teeth when I close my mouth they touch my upper lip it almost feels like an over bite it is annoying why is this

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 03 - May - 2011, at 18:44 PM

• It is difficult in your case to comment without clinical examination but this is not true that the pulling out of teeth causes bone loss. If the teeth are mobile with bone loss and receding gum with periodontal problem which can not be treated in that case it is always better that the tooth is pulled out than keeping that infected tooth in the mouth and not getting any treatment. Infected tooth with periodontal problem causes more loss. So it is better to go by dentist advice but if you are not comfortable then get second opinion from other dentist. For more info on periodontal problems you can read this article... www.identalhub.com/article_what-are-treatments-of-gum-disease-21.aspx

Free Dental Consultation