I have a white spot and few brown marks in one of my tooth with no cavity.Can it be remineralized without filling

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 15 - June - 2011, at 19:35 PM

• They will start decreasing in size and fade aways and these results can be visible as early as 3 weeks. After they completely fade away you can stop using.

• Hannah

Hannah 14 - June - 2011, at 22:21 PM

• Thanks Dr. Ritz.How long doed it take to fully cured.I took an appointment for a dentist,but so far.Is it ok?Coz my mom don't like to do anything without asking the dentist.

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 14 - June - 2011, at 10:27 AM

• If there is just a white spot and no catch point then this can be remineralized by using fluoridated toothpaste and fluoridated mouthwash. Maintain very good oral hygiene so that futher decay is not there. The brown spots can be the stains which can be easily removed. Such white spots which get remineralized by fluoride are called incipient lesions. They are just initial start of caries which donot need any restoration. For more info on incipient carious lesions you can read this article... www.identalhub.com/article_types-of-dental-fillings-39.aspx

Free Dental Consultation