Getting Braces, is it an elective procedure or a dental emergency? If my dentist state I need braces, is this something I need to do today or can it wait if I am not in pain now or ha some sort of accident? Why most dental plan only cover 20% of my braces needed

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 26 - July - 2011, at 09:04 AM

• The coverage of braces depends on many factores. Usually the braces in kids and teens are covered by insurance but not in case of adults as then it is classified as cosmetic procedure and cosmetic dental procedures like dental implants, veneers, teeth whitening etc are not covered. However for more info on best dental plan for braces you can read this article in this website.. http://www.identalhub.com/dental-best-dental-insurance-plan-for-braces-treatment-858.aspx

• Harold Tribble

Harold Tribble 26 - July - 2011, at 06:00 AM

• I have Delta Dental Plan who covers 20% of my dental needs for braces. Are there better dental plans with better support for braces available? If so do you have any reference plans I can consider? Thanks for your information on braces.

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 25 - July - 2011, at 18:21 PM

• Braces treatment is needed when your teeth are not in perfect alignment or the teeth overlap or underbite. The urgency of putting braces depends on the condition of teeth but it is never a dental emergency. Braces are put for correction malocclusion or other problems of teeth and it is a slow treatment spanning usually 18-24 months. You can say it can be elective process in case you are comfortable with your teeth except for some extreme cases where non correction can lead to other problems like TMJ etc. So donot worry, there is no emergency for them and you can take your time to make a decision. The insurance coverage of braces depends on insurance to insurance. Some cover it even more. In adults it is some time classified as cosmetic procedure so coverage is less for some insurance companies. For more info on braces you can read this article... http://www.identalhub.com/article_diagnosing-need-for-braces-161.aspx

Free Dental Consultation