I had pain for 3 days at a tooth, then a bump appeared - abcess. I was told I probably will need a root canal. The next day the bump was gone and so was the pain. It feels fine now. Do I still need a root canal on this tooth? Thanks

Leave Comment

Comments

• Helen Fowler

Helen Fowler 03 - May - 2011, at 21:45 PM

• Thank you for the info. I will plan to see my dentist ASAP. NOTE: I have not taken any antibiotics or any other medication. Pain & swelling went away on it's own.

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 03 - May - 2011, at 18:37 PM

• If pain and abscess is gone that does not mean that tooth is not infected. Infection has subsided, may be you are taking meds for that but infection of tooth is still there under the tooth and you will be needing root canal treatment to take it out. If you donot go for Root Canal Treatment then the pain and abscess will again be there after the affect of antibiotics has gone. So schedue an appointment with dentist and get clinical exam and xray done to get it verified. For more info on Root Canal treatment conditons you can read this article... www.identalhub.com/article_why-is-root-canal-treatment-rct-required-299.aspx

Free Dental Consultation