three weeks ago, I had a filling done on one of my back molars. After the filling was done, she corrected my bite some by drilling it back down, but she also drilled on the top tooth that was going to come in contact with it when I bite down. That top tooth has a crown. Now I have pain and sensitivity in that tooth. Is it normal to drill on the top tooth to fix a filling on the bottom? And is there anyway to calm the nerves down in the top tooth? Do I need to get my bite adjusted?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 27 - October - 2010, at 10:07 AM

• After the filling the bite has to be adjusted but the opposite tooth is not drilled. The bite isadjusted by selective grinding of the filing. It is because of the filling that the bite is disturbed. In your case as the upper tooth is drilled ,still you should not feel any sensation as the upper tooth is crowned . So it is not the upper tooth which is drilled but the crown which is reduced.  For more info n dental fillings you can visit the following link....www.identalhub.com/article_how-are-fillings-placed-57.aspx

Free Dental Consultation