I had a bad infection in 3 of my moalers. I went to a dentist to have them removed yesterday. It was agonizing! My roots were too long and they had the hardest time getting them out. They had to keep giving me shot after shot in my gums.For the topper my nazal cavity tore, and I got a couple of stitches.My problem, however is that I awoke this morning with a high fever and I have had severe head pain since my nazal cavity tore. I thought it would go away but it hasn't not even with the pain medicine. Do I need to be concerned??

Leave Comment

Comments

• jesse taylor

jesse taylor 26 - January - 2012, at 09:07 AM

• thank you

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 26 - January - 2012, at 01:38 AM

• Roots of maxillary molars are close to maxillary sinus. Maxillary sinus may be accidentally opened during tooth extraction and causes complications during tooth extraction. This complication is more common when the teeth projects into the sinus than when there is considerable bone present between floor of sinus and root apices. If small opening is created, then sutures are placed across the socket to approximate gingival tissue. Fever and headaches can be because of sinus communication. If pain meds are also of little relief, then you can visit your oral surgeon for evaluation. By the time you visit your oral surgeon, avoid blowing from nose and keep mouth open if sneezing is necessary. Avoid vigorous rinsing of mouth and take soft diet. For more info on complications during tooth extraction, refer to…..    http://www.identalhub.com/dental-complications-during-tooth-extraction-880.aspx

Free Dental Consultation