im really worried :*( I have had alot of teeth filled & I have been chewing on sugar free gum alot,haven't been brushing my teeth right after I eat & my denist said once that she thinks that my savila was causing alot of the cavitys. 1.Why would this be?? My savila causing my cavitys?? 2.What ALL should I do??? & I think a filling might have came out in the back . 3. What if the teeth that I already got filled need filled again??? Cause of cavitys?? I don't want to have dentures :*( 4.What ALL should I do?? 5.Should I be worried??? 6.Why or Why Not??? Please Reply Soon Thanks

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 09 - March - 2010, at 20:17 PM

• there are different factors resposible for tooth decay or cavity. oOne of them is saliva. Saliva has antibodies and the flow of saliva that is whether it is thick and sticky or the flow is normal also effects the incidence of caries. If your saliva is thick then the self cleansing action of saliva is reduced and hence the incresed incidence of caries.If you chew sugarless gum it will help in increasing the flow of saliva and can help in reducing the incidence of caries but along with this regular brushing with flossing is very important. you should do regular tongue cleaning also. If you want to know more about the dental caries you can visit the following link on our website.......http://www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-dental-caries-7.aspx

• Jill Sch

Jill Sch 09 - March - 2010, at 20:15 PM

• When my denist was filling some of my cavities she said that she thought that my saliva could be causing some of them :*( 1.How could my saliva be causing them??? 2.What ALL should I do??? 3.If I chew on sugar free gum alot will that help prevent cavities from my saliva??? 4.Why or Why not?? Please Reply Soon

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 07 - March - 2010, at 10:44 AM

• If you are having lot of cavities and do not want the dentures then you should maintain very good oral hygeine. You should brush your teeth twice a day and do the flossing also. You shoul go for regular dental check ups and if some filing has come out then that tooth can be refilled.For more info on oral hygeine you can visit the following link on our website......http://www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-oral-hygiene-63.aspx

Free Dental Consultation