I had a pain on the left side of my face between my cheek and my cheek bone for two days and when i awoke yesterday the left side of my face was swollen. Even though the swelling has almost but gone away it us still partially there and some pain still resides. I will be seeing the dentists asap but until them i am concerned as to what this might be. Thanks for your time

Leave Comment

Comments

• Joel

Joel 30 - July - 2011, at 11:42 AM

• Thats for your anserw. I have already had my wisdom teeth pulled many years ago so i imagine thats not the problem. Really my main concern in that i recently quit chewing tobacco, not because of any signs of distress to my mouth but it worries me that these two incidents came about at the same time. I also had a crown put on one of my teeth about 2 to 3 weeks ago if that helps

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 30 - July - 2011, at 11:36 AM

• This pain and swelling can be either because of some decayed tooth which has got infected or it can be due to erupting wisdom tooth if it has not erupted in oral cavity. Sometimes there is no sufficient space for their eruption and it becomes impacted. when these teeth try to come out they cause pain and swelling. For this you have to schedule an appointment with your dentist and get the clinical exam and xrays done. If pain and swelling is due to impacted tooth then it has to be pulled out as these teeth are not useful for us. If the pain and swelling is due to decayed tooth then the treatment has to be done which will be root canal treatment. for more info on wisdom tooth you can read this article.. http://www.identalhub.com/article_understanding-wisdom-teeth-152.aspx

Free Dental Consultation