I had some dental work done about 6 weeks ago (2 implants and a bridge), and last night I chipped a piece off my 3-tooth temporary (plastic) bridge... It's a clean piece off the front of my bi-cuspid, and the tooth underneath is partially exposed. I'm wondering if there is an approved way to temporarily fix this plastic bridge so that it will be fine until I go for my permanent bridge near the end of August (6 weeks away)? 1. Any way to glue the piece back on? 2. Some kind of wax I can cover it with? Etc, etc, etc? Any information or suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Leave Comment

• John

John 10 - July - 2011, at 19:43 PM

• This is a slight issue, since my dentist (who i quite good) is in Tijuana and I live in northern Oregon... No way to "pop down" before I leave for Singapore on July 26th, so I'll need to see if a local dentist can help me.

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 10 - July - 2011, at 19:11 PM

• No you can not do it yourself. For this you have to go to your dentist who will replace this temporary bridge and you have to do this ASAP as the underlying tooth is exposed and it can get infected. Till then donot eat anything from that side and try to maintain good oral hygiene so that the exposes tooth from where the temporary bridge is broken is not affected much. http://www.identalhub.com/article_care-of-crowns-271.aspx

Free Dental Consultation