Good day dentist, having a good quality of speech is i use to make a living, so I am anxious if my 1st and 2nd mandibular PREMOLAR tooth to the right will be extracted (it is damaged). Will it affect my speech? or not coz it’s a little too far from the front/opening of the mouth, i hope you will answer my question

Leave Comment

Comments

• john

john 28 - August - 2011, at 05:15 AM

• so for the mean time i can go to my dentist to have Root Canal Therapy? Coz if my 1st and 2nd mandibular premolars are going to be extracted, it will take time for me to provide a good speech which is very detrimental to my profession. Is that advisable? thank you for your intellectual response

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 28 - August - 2011, at 01:21 AM

• For good speech the integrity of the dental arch is very important as in speech articulation teeth, tongue and muscles of mouth, lips, they all have a part to play. If teeth are missing, there is difficulty in articulation of speech. so they should be replaced if they have to be pulled out and for this either you can go for dental implants or fixed bridges. The flippers again will affect the speech as flippers have plate to give the support and this decreases the space for the tongue and articulation becomes difficult. So in my opinion, to have clear speech, you have to have full set of teeth. To know more about dental implants you can read this article... http://www.identalhub.com/article_-types-of-dental-implants-166.aspx

Free Dental Consultation