it seems as if i cannot bite down on the back dentures they donnot seem to make good contact

Leave Comment

Comments

• dr saanu

dr saanu 07 - January - 2011, at 10:47 AM

• please do not feel bad about going back to the dentist after insertion of denture.mild adjustments will be necessary due to the expansion/shrinkage of the material during the heating process.a denture is not the end of a treatment,its the start of the treatment.please do not hesitate to get the service of the dentist.please avoid the technician.

• john Alp

john Alp 06 - January - 2011, at 20:58 PM

• Thank you Doctor, I did not want the run around, especially when this entire process cost nearly 4000.00

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 06 - January - 2011, at 20:55 PM

• This means that occlusion is not proper. The teeth are not coming in proper contact. So they have to do the selective grinding. Putting the paper, called articulating paper, after selective grinding, your bite will be adjusted and the teeth will come in proper contact. So go to your dentist and will be correct the things. These things are common in the case of new dentures.

• john Alp

john Alp 06 - January - 2011, at 20:44 PM

• This is what I thought, the dentures are brand new (2 days) I went in for a reline, the technitian used a peice of paper like material to check my bite. the paper was removed with ease and left minimal markings in the papers surface

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 06 - January - 2011, at 20:30 PM

• If you are not able to bite with the dentures that means the denture teeth are not making proper contact and they are not in proper occlusion. You have not mentioned whether the denture are new or old. if they are old then because of grinding the eating surface becomes flat and the cutting efficiency decreases. In that case you have to change the denture. If the denture is new then you have to go to the dentist who will do the selective grinding and set the occlusion right. For more info on dentures you can visit the folowing link....www.identalhub.com/dental-what-can-be-complications-with-complete-dentures-730.aspx

Free Dental Consultation