Sir, One year ago I changed my upper front teeth due to pain. After I changed my teeth I got headache. Because I pull my lower jaw to backward always. I know this is my bad habit. But I don’t know how to overcome this bad habit. Sir please help me how to overcome this bad habit and solution for headache. Actually what is the name of this kind of disorder? Is this TMJ or bruxism? Thanks in advance

Leave Comment

• Jones

Jones 03 - August - 2011, at 11:30 AM

• Thanks for your advice doctor.

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 03 - May - 2011, at 20:03 PM

• It is not clear whether you have the habit of taking your lower jaw back from the very begining or you just started after getting the front tooth replaced. if you got it after wards then may be  your front tooth bite is not correct amd there is some hindrance . for that you have to go to the dentist and get the interference which is ther corrected. If it is before that then the headache can be because of some infection Your habit  comes under bruxism and this is either because of some interference in occlusion or stress. It causes the soreness of the jaw muscles and the headache. You can wear mouth guard after getting the proper evaluation of the habit. For more info on bruxism you can visit the following

Free Dental Consultation