Hi I am female of age 28.Before one and half year,i made a root canal on left lower jaw,tooth next to wisdom teeth(second molar).I dont have wisdom teeth as well as first molar. i had a bridge before one year,on that painful root canal teeth.Now i am pregnant for 4 months.I want to remove the bridge,because the pain went to hell like thing. Can i put temporary filling after removing the bridge until my remaining pregnancy(i.e remaining 6 months)period.I could not put crown because i still have pain on that root canaled tooth I am happy if that temporary filling remains good for another 6 months.. will it be? With temporary filling will there be any chance for infection. thanks karthika

Leave Comment

Comments

• karthika

karthika 24 - July - 2011, at 04:12 AM

• But i have pain not due to infection,but because of nerve problem like TN or TMJ or may be any other...The root canal is perfect.Doctor showed me x ray and also i shown it to many dentists.... thanks karthika

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 22 - July - 2011, at 10:05 AM

• If you want to remove the bridge and go for temporary filing you can go but if the pain is there it is not because of the bridge but the infected root canal. If you go for temporary filling then chances of fracture of the tooth is there as the tooth has become brittle after the root canal treatment. You still have 6 months to pass so you can go for reroot canal treatment if you really want to save the tooth. You can discuss the treatment plan with your dentist. For more info on re root canal treatment you can visit the following link..... http://www.identalhub.com/article_root-canal-re-treatment-304.aspx

Free Dental Consultation