In last month or so,but especially last night whenv brushing and flossing, i've noticed some change on the left upper side of my jaw in area of a couple teeth. When I would use listerine and brush i could something there in area of that top teeth. Almost like a hollow feeling,but im not sure. Well tonight i could definitely feel how my one upper tooth fits down into the lower tooth below it,felt off. It just feels weird. I do take care of my teeth,floss regularly and brush 2x day. Could it be from tmj? I do have it,and i get popping in jaw,etc..but its not like as bad as lock jaw. i also had fillings put in last year,and i cant remember if i got one in that area or I said it feels like how that top tooth fits into bottom tooth is off,and when i swish liquid its sensitive there and feels like something is there,thats all I know how to explain it..maybe resin based filling falling out? thanks

Leave Comment

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 07 - April - 2011, at 10:06 AM

• You can wait for 2 weeks and till the appointment with your dentist nothing is gonna happen.

• Kevin

Kevin 06 - April - 2011, at 19:43 PM

• Gotcha,well I am sorry to annoy but one last thing. Is this worthy of immediate attention? I called my dentist today,and they got me in 2 weeks from today,and have a cleaning scheduled for May 25(my work schedule is iffy so I have to ask off). I would've liked to have it all together in one day,why would they make me come in separately I wonder to check out the possible missing filling,maybe I could just wait until late May.

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 06 - April - 2011, at 10:10 AM

• Carious lesion is commonly referred to tooth decay

• Kevin

Kevin 05 - April - 2011, at 20:08 PM

• Thank you much for the reply. sorry..what is carious lesion?

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 05 - April - 2011, at 20:02 PM

• It looks like that some filling has come out from the upper teeth and due to this you are having sensitivity and upper teeth are not fitting the lower teeth. It does not look like as TMJ is the problem because in TMJ you have pain in tmj area and all the teeth are out of occlusion and not one or two. In your case it is either there is new carious lesion or some old filling has come out. So you have to visit the dentist and get diagnosis made after clinical evaluation and if filling has come out then go for replacement of filling. For more info on dental filling you can read this article....

Free Dental Consultation