I discovered recently that after brushing my mouth in the morning or at night, few hours later there will be offensive odour coming out from my mouth. I bought oraldene mouth wash and I just used it once.My questions are; 1) Will this drug help? 2) What drug do you think I can use?

Leave Comment

Comments

• dr ritz

dr ritz 04 - November - 2011, at 05:09 AM

• Kolly, Bad breath and mouth odor are same. Bad breath is also called as halitosis and mouth odor. White patches on tongue can be because of food accumulate and plaque and calculus deposits on tongue. Unclean tongue is the most common reason of bad odor from mouth. Make sure that you clean your tongue properly, both the front portion and the back portion. You can clean your tongue with a tongue scrapper or with your tooth brush. To reduce bacteria in oral cavity, you can use a mouth wash and make sure to brush and floss regularly.

• kolly

kolly 04 - November - 2011, at 04:24 AM

• Your answer is so helpful, thank you. Also, is there a difference between bad breath and mouth odour? Some minutes after brushing my mouth, my breath is fine and my mouth smells fine but after some hours especially after waking up in the morning I see few white patches on my tongue and it smells bad. What can I do?

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 04 - November - 2011, at 03:24 AM

• Bad breath can be because of plaque and calculus deposits around teeth which can occur because of poor oral hygiene or can occur because of unclean tongue. Periodontal problems and dental cavities can also lead to bad breath. Some systemic factors like lesser of saliva in mouth and gastric or respiratory disorders can also lead to bad odor from mouth. More of foods containing garlic's and onions can also lead to bad odor from oral cavity. Bad breath is not a disease but is a symptom of disease. Along with brushing, make sure to do dental flossing too to remove the deposits which can be present interdentally. Make sure to clean your tongue with tongue cleaner or tongue scrapper to remove the deposits present on the tongue. Take more of fluids and eat a nutritious diet. You can use oraldene mouth wash to mask the effect of bad breath. Oraldene mouth wash has hexetidine present which is an antimicrobial mouth wash and has anti-plaque, astringent effect. It will help in reducing bacteria in oral cavity. Mouth washes or any other drugs will not cure bad breath but will just mask bad odor from mouth. If bad breath persists, then you can consult a dentist and or medical doctor to get the reason of bad breath diagnosed and treated. For more info on prevention and remedies of bad breath, you can refer to...  http://www.identalhub.com/article_prevention-and-remedies-of-bad-breath-18.aspx

Free Dental Consultation