i believe i could have a tooth abscess here are my symptoms: gums underneath lower left molar is painful when i apply pressure but not unbearable, there are two white sores on my gums where its tender they appear to be flat, the left side of my face is slightly swollen and i feel a little ill like i have a bad cold, but my tooth doesn't hurt at all is this a tooth abscess if it is how dangerous because i cant see a dentist for another week i already wen to my regular doctor and got antibiotics also could it be a wisdom tooth i am a 22 year old female

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 11 - February - 2011, at 08:07 AM

• If you are taking proper dose of antibiotics and taking all the precautions like maintaining good oral hygiene and not eating from that side then you should be fine. If there is no pain in tooth that means the tooth is not infected but the gums around the tooth are infected. As you are 22 years old, it can be a wisdom teeth because normal age for wisdom tooth eruption is 18-25 years but you have to go to dentist to confirm diagnosis. If it is wisdom tooth then whether it is impacted or there is enough space for its eruption can known only after taking xrays. If it is impacted then you have to get it pulled out. For more info on wisdom teeth, you can read this article from following link....www.identalhub.com/dental-knowing-all-about-wisdom-teeth-719.aspx

Free Dental Consultation