Dr Ritz I have one lower molar .If I get it extracted and I need a bone graf,tissue regeneration,alveoloplasty, is this all normally done with one appointment?

Leave Comment

Comments

• neena

neena 13 - September - 2010, at 05:36 AM

• You have to go for root canal. You probably have an infection under the tooth that's causing the pain and swelling. My dentist sent me to an oral surgeon who did different tests and took special x-rays. If that's what you need, they will drill off the top of your tooth to the gum line and then drill down into the root area and destroy the nerve. Then the doctor will inject antibiotic below the tooth. They will probably also give you oral antibiotics to take for a week or so to make sure the infection is gone. You'll get a temporary crown when the procedure is over to replace the missing part of your tooth. Eventually you'll need a permanant crown. Very involved and expensive, but altogether not as bad as I had been led to believe all my life. When you have the Novocaine you don't feel a thing.

• veenu

veenu 13 - September - 2010, at 04:18 AM

• How do I know if my Tooth needs extraction ? Actually from the past month, my third molar on the bottom right side of my mouth has been very sore. it started off with food getting stuck in the gap between my 2nd and 3rd molar. I didn't think much of it at first, but then a week or so later it started hurting really badly below the gum line. Dentist told me my piece of tooth chipped off so he put a temporary filling.Now the problem is that I m suffering from the same pain. My gums are just being worse.

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 10 - September - 2010, at 20:39 PM

• It depends upon your surgeon but normally it is done on the same appointment. When the extraction is done the extraction socket is cleaned of any infection and then bone graft is put in the socket. The socket is then sutured and left for healing. for more info on bone graft in dental implants you can visit the following link....www.identalhub.com/dental-understanding-dental-implant-bone-grafting-682.aspx 

Free Dental Consultation