Medical History Lower molar number 7 was extracted 7 years ago. 1 year ago I tried a bridge,which was takenout after 6 months as it put pressure on molar number 8. A month ago doc did rct on lower molar number 6 which had become sensitive after the prepping for the bridge. 11 days ago he did implant surgery on my missing tooth and placed an abutment. Current Medications Cifran 500 , combiflam ( CRocin plus brufane) 500 . Both twice a day Pls see the background in the medical history tab. I took cifran 500 for 7 days twice a day starting from 2 days before the implant surgery.i smoke one cigarette each after lunch and dinner but did not smoke at all after surgery.stitches were removed after 7 days and doc was very impressed with the healing.I took good care of oral hygiene including regular brushing and rinsing with warm salted water. But there was always a low grade pain, not severe but not ignorable also ,like a throb.I have been taking two combiflams a day for that . This pain is neither increasing nor decreasing. Also since last 3 days I see inflammation in the gums area where the stitches were,between the abutment and the neighbouring tooth.I showed it to doc today and he cleaned it and gave antibiotics. He said a pocket is formed because of food lodging under the gums of the neighbouring tooth.he doesn't say it's cause of too much concern. But I am worried and wonder: 1. Why this lingering pain even after almost 2 weeks of surgery? 2. Why sudden onset of infection after a very clean first week? 3.where do I stand now? 4. Should I seek another opinion?i believe in having a complete trust over whoever my doc is but I have had too many bad dental experiences. Thanks

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 12 - August - 2011, at 04:54 AM

• It is normal to have pain for few weeks after implant surgery as it takes time for healing and bone formation to take place around the implant. It may take 3weeks to 3months for proper healing to take place and pain to go. The infection in your mouth is due to food lodgment in that area so it is very important to maintain a good oral hygiene. The success of implants depends on healthy gums. You have to brush and floss regularly to avoid gum problems. You can also use a mouthwash. This is too early for pain to go completely. Have faith in your dentist. Wait for 3 weeks and after that you can take a second opinion. For more info on dental implants you can read this article.... http://www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-dental-implants-25.aspx

Free Dental Consultation