I am planning to wear braces because my dentist said so but my mom told me that the metal being used for braces causes cancer, i am 20 years old female, should i still pursue having the braces? thank you

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 12 - December - 2011, at 01:23 AM

• If your teeth are misaligned, then you can get dental braces treatment. Metal which is used in dental braces is inert and causes no reaction or any other complications. Wearing metallic dental braces doesn’t cause cancer. Very rarely, it may happen that patient is allergic to metallic dental braces. If patient is allergic to metallic dental braces, then he can get titanium braces. For straightening misaligned teeth, you can get metallic dental braces or can opt for ceramic dental braces. Ceramic dental braces are esthetic and less noticeable than metallic dental braces. You can also opt for lingual dental braces which are also called as invisible braces and are placed behind teeth. If you don’t want to have metallic teeth, then you can opt for invisaligns which are clear, transparent, removable aligners. If misalignment is small, then you can also opt for cosmetic procedures like dental veneers, lumineers or crowns to correct the alignment of teeth. Cosmetic procedures are faster as compared to dental braces or invisaligns. You can discuss all these options with your orthodontist. For more info on teeth straightening options for adults, refer to…. http://www.identalhub.com/dental-straightening-options-for-adult-teeth-549.aspx

Free Dental Consultation