Good Day, thank you for the enthusiasm to respond on my question, that really helps a lot. My dentist told me that i have an edge to edge bite thats why i need to have it, i also have a peg shape tooth second tooth in the right at the front view, i have consult a lot of dentist, the others told me that it needs porcelain crown, however the other dentist told me braces could fix that peg shape tooth, is this possible to fix?

Leave Comment

• dr ritz

dr ritz 12 - December - 2011, at 22:38 PM

• Margarette, To correct the shape of tooth, dental bonding, lumineers, veneers or dental crowns can be given. If your tooth is small, then composite build up can be done to correct the tooth. Composite build up is comparatively less expensive than getting a dental crown but the restoration may fall off and then it has to be redone. You can discuss with your dentist about the option of getting dental bonding or getting dental crown for peg shaped lateral incisor.

• margarette

margarette 12 - December - 2011, at 06:23 AM

• I am confused now doc since my dentist told me that she will build up this tooth of mine. actually its a small tooth that is slanting to the right.

• dr ritz

dr ritz 12 - December - 2011, at 05:37 AM

• Margarette, Braces can’t fix the peg shaped lateral incisor. You need to opt for cosmetic procedures to correct it. It is better to get Braces treatment first and then get dental crown. Dental crown can be given first if you are going for invisaligns. There is a possibility that damage of dental crown take place with braces treatment so braces treatment is usually done first. Your general dentist and orthodontist can consult each other and make a recommendation.

• margarette

margarette 12 - December - 2011, at 03:46 AM

• is it possible to have the dental crown before i get my braces? also is it posibble for the braces to fix the peg shaped tooth?

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 12 - December - 2011, at 02:28 AM

• If the bite is not correct, then you need to get braces treatment to correct it. As suggested, you can get metallic, ceramic, lingual dental braces or can get invisaligns. Duration of braces treatment or invisaligns is 18-24 months depending of extent of misalignment which is present and age of the patient. If there is peg shaped lateral incisor present, then cosmetic adjustment will be required after braces treatment to correct it. Dental bonding, lumineers, veneers or dental crowns can be given to correct the shape of the tooth. Cosmetic procedures will make the tooth to appear of proper dimensions and size. You can discuss treatment plan with your dentist. For more info on cosmetic procedures, refer to…

Free Dental Consultation