How would i know if a tooth abcsess has spread to my brain

Leave Comment

Comments

• Matthew

Matthew 29 - December - 2011, at 08:20 AM

• Thank u very much your reply has helped me very much i was very worried but now im a little at ease until i get it pulled

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 29 - December - 2011, at 00:31 AM

• Tooth abscess is localized collection of pus in the alveolar bone at root apex of the tooth. Acute dental abscess causes severe throbbing pain, tenderness on percussion, swelling, tooth mobility along with systemic symptoms like fever, enlarged lymph nodes, irritability, loss of sleep etc. If tooth abscess is not treated, then infection can spread and cause cellulitis and osteomyelitis and sprad of infection can also occur to other areas of body causing brain abscess, endocarditis and other complications. Chances of brain abscess from tooth abscess are very rare. Symptoms of brain abscess are confusion, inattention, irritability, decreased movement, sensation, speech, lack of coordination and headache etc. If you have a dental abscess present, then you can get root canal treatment done for infected tooth. Antibiotics will be given to you to control the infection and then root canal treatment will be done.  For more info on abscessed tooth, refer to….    http://www.identalhub.com/article_understanding-abscessed-tooth-204.aspx

Free Dental Consultation