2 days ago Ihad day surgery and had all my top teeth out and half of my bottom out aswell I touched my gumwith my tongue and have felt some of my teeth still in there well the bits of teeth fall out or will I have to go to a dentist to get the rest of them out

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 18 - November - 2011, at 01:21 AM

• Fragment of tooth might be left in tooth extraction socket or they can be sharp bony flakes which may appear after tooth extraction. If lower teeth were extracted first and upper teeth were extracted after that, then fragment of upper teeth can also fall in lower teeth extraction socket. If fragments of teeth are still there in tooth extraction socket, then you have to get them pulled out from socket. Fragments of tooth can cause infection and lead to delayed healing of the socket. If tooth fragments are less than 5mm in dimensions and are non-infected, then they can be left in the socket. If they are sharp bony flakes which have appeared after tooth extraction, then you can get them smoothened or removed. Sharp bony flakes will delay the healing. Refer to your dentist to get extraction socket examined. By that time, continue with warm saline rinses and avoid irritating the extraction socket too much. Keep the tooth extraction socket area clean to avoid any secondary infections and follow all the instructions of your dentist. For more info on complications after tooth extraction, refer to…   http://www.identalhub.com/dental-complications-after-tooth-extraction-881.aspx

Free Dental Consultation