I just had almost all of my back teeth removed - top and bottom. What choices do I have other than implants?

Leave Comment

Comments

• MB

MB 13 - March - 2011, at 04:35 AM

• Thank you so much for the info. I had the oral surgery, but looking for new dentist. This will help me go in with some information of my own. Thanks again!

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 13 - March - 2011, at 01:44 AM

• Apart from dental implants, the treatment options for replacing missing back teeth are Cast Metal Partial Dentures or Cantilever Bridge or removable partial denture. In case of cantilever bridge, the support is taken from the front teeth only when there are no back teeth to give support. They are quite successful but it depends on the pontics ie teeth to be replaced and the abutment teeth ie the teeth giving support. Your dentist can only tell you about feasibility of cantilever bridge after assessing the case clinically. The cast metal partial dentures is another good option which is though removable but gives good results. The removable partial dentures is a temporary arrangement but is the cheapes of all and also known as flippers. All these treatment other than dental implants are non surgical and are immediate whereas in dental implants it may take upto 3 months of of healing time before dentures are finally fixed. For more info on dentures you can read this article for more info... www.identalhub.com/article_options-available-for-dentures--265.aspx

Free Dental Consultation