my 9 yr. old daughter was rough housing with her sister. Long story short, her tooth got chipped on the center bottom. The tooth is very very sensitive to air(when she breaths) and on pressure. I can not get a hold of her dentist. what should I do?

Leave Comment


  • Megan

    Megan 16 - January - 2012, at 08:24 AM

  • Thank you so much!!! I'm so happy to hear that it can be fixed. This web site is informative and easy to understand. I will take her in to the dentist to get her teeth fixed today.

  • Dr.Ritz

    Dr.Ritz 16 - January - 2012, at 01:19 AM

  • If a tooth gets chipped off, then it needs to be restored. Treatment of chipped tooth depends on amount of tooth structure which is chipped off and whether it is a front or back tooth which is chipped off. If a small portion of the front tooth is chipped off and pulp is not exposed, then tooth can be restored with composite filling material which is tooth colored, esthetic filling material. If it is a back tooth which is chipped off, then dental filling or crown is required for the tooth. If pulp of the tooth is also involved, then root canal treatment followed by dental crown will be required for the tooth. You have to take your daughter to a dentist for treatment. Chipped tooth if not treated can become infected and can cause pain and complications. By the time, she visits a dentist; she can avoid eating from side of affected tooth and can maintain good oral hygiene to avoid any secondary infections. She can also take otc pain med for some relief. For more info on how chipped tooth is fixed by the dentist, refer to…..

Free Dental Consultation